Saturday 17 November 2012

What princesses wear in the sun

So we are getting ready for Miss 4's best friends birthday. Her best friend is never seen without her crown. She is a princess. Living in Australia and summer coming on has been leading to drama, how can a princess wear her crown and a hat. So, I have made her an Oliver & S pink hat with a detachable crown. It was so much fun. I got to use my new hot glue gun to add jewels. It was the gun's maiden voyage and I am very happy with the results.


The hat is a little big for my darlings head but it should fit a ponytail inside. I added an extra inch to the brim to do that little bit more protecting from the sun. The gold crown was made with lame, a layer of stiffener and then a layer of net, the crown seems like it will definitely stand up to some heavy playing. I added a couple of buttons to the hat so the crown can come off for washing. I have never washed lame before but I really don't think it would work that well.


So there you have it, the hat that a princess can wear in the sun.


2 comments:

  1. What a BRILLIANT idea!!! Adding the extra has given it a lovely wide brim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam. I am pretty chuffed with this one :-)

    ReplyDelete